European shares fall as Deutsche Bank leads financial stocks lower
(ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon - see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets)
* Banking and energy shares fall
* Deutsche Bank shares touch record low
* Lanxess surges after announcing Chemtura acquisition
* K+S shares fall after Deutsche Bank downgrade
* Clinton vs Trump TV debate due later
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, Sept 26 (Reuters) - European stocks fell on Monday, weighed down by a pullback in the shares of major banking and energy companies, with Deutsche Bank hitting a record low.
The pan-European STOXX 600 index fell 1.3 percent. The index remains down by around 7 percent since the start of 2016. Continuación...