2 MIN. DE LECTURA
May 9 (Reuters) - Outotec
* Outotec has been awarded two contracts for the management and execution of shut-down services of Samarco's four iron ore pellet plants in Brazil.
* These contracts, to be carried out together with Samarco's own personnel, will last until the end of 2016.
* The first year's services have been booked in Outotec's 2014 first quarter order intake.
* Samarco has, in total, four pellet plants at its manufacturing facility in Ubú, in the state of Espírito Santo.
* Outotec has designed, supplied and installed the two newest indurating furnaces at the facility, both of which incorporate the use of Outotec core technology.
* The fourth indurating furnace, in the largest plant of its type in the world, was successfully commissioned in March 2014 and it is currently undergoing ramp-up of production with Outotec's operational support. Outotec has already performed several big shut-down campaigns for Samarco.
* Over 250 workers have been involved in the last repair, which was finalized ahead of schedule with a zero accident rate. Further company coverage: