UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Tuesday Sept. 1
LONDON, Sept 1 (Reuters) - UK stocks were set to open lower on Tuesday after data showed China's manufacturing sector was in the grip of its worst slump in several years, with FTSE 100 equity futures down 1.7 percent at 0607 GMT.
Tuesday is the UK market's first trading day this week after closing for a public holiday on Monday.
For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* ASTRAZENECA - To partner with Valeant on brodalumab product. Under the terms of the agreement, Valeant will make an upfront payment to Astrazeneca of $100 million.
* BWIN - Says receives a revised offer from 888 Holdings, which is being evaluated together with the proposal received from GVC Holdings .
* MAN GROUP - The head of the hedge-fund group's China business has been taken into custody to help authorities in a probe into recent market volatility, Bloomberg reported on Monday, while separately a local financial reporter confessed on national TV to having spread false information that caused "panic and disorder".
* PUNCH TAVERNS - Sees full-year profits in line with management expectations.
* RENTOKIL - Says it has acquired a new business in the United States, Steritech, for $425 million. Subject to U.S. regulatory approval. Continuación...