April 24 (Reuters) - Halliburton Co
* Halliburton announces first quarter 2017 results
* Q1 adjusted earnings per share $0.04 from continuing operations excluding items
* Q1 loss per share $0.04 from continuing operations
* Q1 revenue $4.3 billion versus I/B/E/S view $4.21 billion
* Q1 earnings per share view $0.13 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Completion and production revenue in Q1 of 2017 was $2.6 billion, an increase of $336 million, or 15 pct, from Q4
* Drilling and evaluation revenue in Q1 of 2017 was $1.7 billion, a decrease of $78 million, or 4 pct, from Q4 of 2016
* "We are in midst of a unique and challenging cycle with very different dynamics between north American and international markets"
* North America revenue improvement in quarter was driven primarily by increased pricing and utilization throughout United States land sector
* "North America activity increased rapidly during Q1"
* "In international markets, activity declines due to seasonality were exacerbated by current cyclical headwinds" in quarter
* While Co believes Q1 represents bottom in eastern hemisphere rig count, FY 2017 average will likely be only "marginally higher" than FY 2016
* Latin America revenue increased by 8 pct sequentially in quarter, primarily due to improved activity levels in Brazil and Mexico
* There are variety of country specific headwinds that must be overcome for meaningful recovery in Latin America Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: