July 13 (Reuters) - Rig firm Seadrill Ltd
* Seadrill announces contract award for the west saturn
* Seadrill has secured a firm contract for one well and one drill stem test with Statoil Brasil Óleo e Gas for the West Saturn in Brazil
* The contract also includes a number of option wells to be drilled in blocks where Statoil has license and operatorship
* West Saturn is expected to commence operations between December 2017 and January 2018.
* Backlog for firm portion of contract, is expected to be approximately $26 million Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Ole Petter Skonnord)