April 26 (Reuters) - BP Plc
* Q1 brent oil marker price averaged $34 a barrel in quarter, compared with $44 in 4q 2015 and $54 in 1q 2015
* Now expects total organic capital expenditure in 2016 to be around $17 billion
* In event of continued low oil prices, sees flexibility of capex to move to $15-17 billion in 2017.
* CFO says currently anticipate being able to achieve rebalance 2017 organic sources and uses of cash at oil prices in range $50-55 a barrel
* Charge of $0.9 billion related to 2010 oil spill was taken in quarter bringing total pre-tax cumulative charge related to event to $56.4 billion
* Still not possible to reliably estimate remaining liability for civil claims relating to 2010 oil spill
* Expects cash costs for 2017 to be $7 billion lower than for 2014 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: