May 2 (Reuters) - General Motors Co :
* GM says announced the deconsolidation of its business in Venezuela, effective as of May 1, 2017
* Deconsolidation follows the unexpected seizure of GM's Venezuelan plant on April 18 by judicial authorities
* Deconsolidation of Venezuelan business is expected to result in a charge of up to approximately $100 million
* All former employees have since been paid separation benefits as legally required
* Seizure of GM's Venezuelan plant forced co to "cease operations and terminate employment relationships due to causes beyond parties' will"
* Executives expressed willingness to talk with government officials, union leaders about possiblity to start production, employ some workers with new business model Source text : (bit.ly/2pBKXPC) Further company coverage: