Nov 3 (Reuters) - Taiwan's cabinet gave the following details on Thursday on local banks' wire transactions to Panama:
* Local banks sent 211 wire transactions totaling $5.82 million to Mega Financial Holding's Panama branch in 2012-2014.
* Local banks sent 42 wire transactions totaling $1.6 million to Mega's Colon branch in 2012-2014.
* Prosecutors are looking into whether these transactions involved in money laundering activities.
* Most of these transactions were for accounts owned by Taiwan diplomats living overseas and employees of Taiwan shipping firms.
* The Taiwan government launched investigations in August after state-run Mega's New York branch agreed to pay $180 million to New York state's financial regulator for anti-money laundering rule violations, which included lax attention to risk exposure in Panama.
Further company coverage: (Reporting by Faith Hung)