(Adds futures, company items)
Jan 6 (Reuters) - Britain’s FTSE 100 index is seen opening 2 to 7 points higher, or as much as 0.1 percent, on Friday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.1 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.1 percent higher at 7,195.31 points on Thursday, boosted by a bullish update from housebuilder Persimmon, which reported a rise in sales despite Britain’s vote last year to leave the European Union.
* FENNER: British engineering company Fenner Plc said it expected the current full-year results to be “comfortably above” its earlier expectations as order intake and customer enquiries improved.
* BRITAIN RETAIL: A spending spree by British shoppers in the week before Christmas failed to prevent sales in December from falling short of the previous year’s level, industry data showed on Friday.
* LONDON COPPER: A weaker U.S. dollar pushed London copper prices higher on Friday following losses overnight, but traders said gains would be limited by profit taking.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
TODAY‘S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com * For Top News : topnews.reuters.com (Reporting by Rahul B in Bengaluru; Editing by Sherry Jacob-Phillips)