3 de agosto de 2017 / 10:14 / hace 18 días

BUZZ-Mitsui says Caserones copper mine operating at 90 pct of capacity

** Japan's Mitsui & Co CFO Keigo Matsubara says Caserones copper mine in Chile is now operating at around 90 percent of capacity, back to January-March levels

** Caserones copper mine was forced to stop operations for three weeks following a blackout caused by heavy snow and rain in May

** Caserones mine is 77.37 percent-owned by a joint venture between JXTG Holdings Inc and Mitsui Mining and Smelting Co Ltd, while the remaining 22.63 percent held by Mitsui.

** Mitsui is seeking an alliance for its loss-making grain unit Multigrain Trading, but it is taking time to make an agreement as the unit is facing tougher competitions and lower margin, Matsubara says

** Mitsui expects the unit's loss to grow bigger than its initial projection of 1.2 billion yen ($10.85 million) this financial year to March 2018

** Mitsui has sold a part of its stake in the Marcellus shale gas project in the United States for an undisclosed term. It now holds a 13.3 percent stake in the project, down from 15.5 percent, Matsubara says ($1 = 110.6200 yen) (Reporting by Yuka Obayashi)

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below