(Adds company news items and futures)
Aug 22 (Reuters) - Britain’s FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 25 points at 7,318.88 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.5 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* PROVIDENT FINANCIAL: Provident Financial said its chief executive, Peter Crook, is leaving and that it was unlikely to pay a dividend this year as the British subprime lender issued its second profit warning in two months.
* WOOD GROUP: Oilfield services company John Wood Group Plc reported a 86.7 percent fall in half-year profit, due to an exceptional charge and as weak oil prices hurt demand for its services.
* SECURE TRUST BANK: Secure Trust Bank said it further tightened its credit risk appetite and acceptance criteria for small- and medium-sized customers over the first six months of the year, on slowing economic growth and heightened levels of uncertainty.
* PERSIMMON: Britain’s second biggest housebuilder Persimmon said its first-half pretax profit rose 30 percent to 457 million pounds ($589 million), but it would remain cautious over land buying due to uncertainty around Brexit.
* ANTOFAGASTA: Chilean copper producer Antofagasta said on Tuesday that first-half profit jumped by more than 80 percent on higher copper prices, adding it was on track to meet annual targets.
* BHP: Global mining giant BHP Billiton committed to quitting its underperforming U.S. shale oil and gas business on Tuesday, as it posted a surge in annual underlying profit to $6.7 billion.
* LLOYDS: Ex-CEO of Lloyds Banking Group Plc is suing the bank in a move that might spark public outrage, The Times reported on Monday. bit.ly/2g1MPAx
* OIL: Oil prices rose on Tuesday, lifted by indications that supply is gradually tightening, especially in the United States.
* The UK blue chip FTSE 100 index closed down 0.1 percent at 7,318.88 points on Monday, suffering its third straight session of losses, in line with a broader “risk-off” move among European bourses.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com * For Top News : topnews.reuters.com (Reporting by Siju Varghese)