Jan 17 (Reuters) - Casino CFO Antoine Giscard d'Estaing tells a conference call with journalists:
* Says "confident" over 2017 after 2016 performance
* Says says expects sales and earnings growth for the Casino group in 2017
* Says trend in France at start of 2017 is "positive"
* Says has no reason to change any other elements of Casino's guidance for 2016
* Confirms that in France Leaderprice stores will have a positive Ebit in 2016, Geant stores still in loss at EBIT level in 2016, but turning positive in 2017. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Dominique Vidalon)