(Adds company news items and futures)
April 3 - Britain’s FTSE 100 is seen opening 5 points higher at 7,396 on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, while FTSE 100 futures were up 0.06 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* CMC MARKETS: Online trading firm CMC Markets Plc forecast on Wednesday a plunge in net operating income for the fiscal 2019, hurt by lower client trading activity due to regulatory curbs in Europe.
* STAGECOACH: British transport company Stagecoach on Wednesday raised its full-year expectation for adjusted earnings per share, citing a strong performance at its UK Rail division.
* BABCOCK: Britain’s Babcock International Group said on Wednesday that Rolls-Royce executive Ruth Cairnie would take over from outgoing chairman Mike Turner, becoming the first woman to take on the role at the firm.
* RECKITT BENCKISER: Reckitt Benckiser’s Chief Executive Rakesh Kapoor received a 69 percent pay rise last year, following an improvement in the company’s performance after three tough years.
* SUPERDRY: Superdry named its co-founder and former boss Julian Dunkerton as interim chief executive officer on Tuesday after a majority of the British fashion group’s board stepped down.
* GOLD: Gold prices were steady on Wednesday as a weaker dollar offset pressure on the metal, which recovered from a four-week low in the previous session, while a rally in equities to multi-month highs capped bullion’s safe-haven demand.
* OIL: Oil prices rose for a fourth day on Wednesday, holding firm despite an industry report showing that U.S. inventories rose unexpectedly last week, with supply cuts and sanctions supporting the market.
* The UK blue-chip index closed 1.01 percent higher at 7391.12 on Tuesday as exporter stocks benefited from a weakening pound on rising fears of a no-deal exit as parliament rejected all Brexit alternatives again.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on:
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * For Top News : topnews.reuters.com (Reporting by Adil Bhat in Bengaluru; Editing by Uttaresh.V)